morning lights don't scratch my eyes
just let me wash up on the shore
i used to have the strangest dreams
but they don't come here anymore
my duvet's laid out like an atlas with stains to mark the borderlines
indentations in my pillow I hope won't fade with time
smoke the roach left in the ashtray on which I choked the night before
stuck my toes under a clothes like mountain ranges on the floor.
i pick my way through crusty dishes and their greasy chemistry
i washed two cups and then remember that you've left already.
i let you go so reluctantly and I can still hear your lazy symphony
and just when i think i found my calling, it's another mourning morning
they say the devil's in the detail
i'm gonna blow my eyes instead
i put my memories in a landscape where only reckless angels tread
i watch the fingerprints you left like a secret code upon my skin
and I remember when you told me a guilded crown won't make a king
I really want you to stay but I know you have to go
I really want you to stay but sometimes it doesn't show
I really want you to stay but I know you have to go
I really want you to stay let the conversation flow
I really want you to stay but I know you have to go
I really want you to stay but sometimes it doesn't show
I really want you to stay but I know you have to go, have to go again
I let you go so reluctantly and I can still hear your lazy symphony
And just when I found my calling, it's another mourning morning
I really want you to stay but I know you have to go
have to go again
..::.just jack.::..
No comments:
Post a Comment